Welcome to my blog. Each day of the week I post about topics that are important to me. Motherhood, beauty, baking and cooking( gluten free) recipes and products I love. Arts and crafts, books, movies, TV, music, internet and health & fitness. Friday's I will share my love for everything vintage as well as any new items that have gone up in my Etsy shop.

Monday, March 17, 2014

Life- let me put you to sleep by telling you about my weekend.

I don't think our weekend could have been less eventful. Aside from Henry getting a haircut that was very needed, and he and Andrew building a mini Star Wars Lego set, and going to Andrew's brief Crossfit competition, we pretty much hung out and picked our noses all weekend. I had a busy week and was a bit worn out and Henry had a really late Friday night that put him in a horrible mood on Saturday so we didn't feel motivated to do much at all.

But going to watch Andrew compete the last few Sunday's has been something I look forward to each week. Right now the Crossfit Open is going on. It's 6 weeks of challenges, each challenge announced on Thursdays and then performed on the following Sunday. This Thursday we had some friends come over to watch the next challenge announced, do a run through and then had a small potluck.

Andrew has been doing pretty well with the challenges but this week he really excelled, putting himself around the top 10% of people competing around the world. Considering there are over 200,000 people who entered the competition, I feel like I'm perfectly justified in how impressed I am with him.

I had us all get there early to watch the women compete. I sit, 7 months pregnant, watching these women perform and I get really anxious for my due date and 6 week recovery to come and go so I can get started.

This week I have nothing planned and I'm really looking forward to it as I've been in the mood to nest but haven't had any time during the week to do anything about it and once the weekend rolls around, with Henry home I don't get the time to get to it and when I do I'm exhausted and just want to lay like a beached whale.

Hopefully I'll have something more interesting to yap about next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment