Welcome to my blog. Each day of the week I post about topics that are important to me. Motherhood, beauty, baking and cooking( gluten free) recipes and products I love. Arts and crafts, books, movies, TV, music, internet and health & fitness. Friday's I will share my love for everything vintage as well as any new items that have gone up in my Etsy shop.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Beauty- What is Ipsy and why I signed up for it.

I'm glad my first post falls on a Tuesday- Beauty day. When I find something new that I love, I really enjoy sharing it with others. Lets see if I can get through this post without sounding gimmicky but I think it will be hard to do when I'm so excited about ipsy.

A couple of months ago I was on a mom forum when I noticed a thread titled "Who's excited for their ipsy to come!?" or something along those lines. Out of curiosity I opened the thread and read a little about this fun subscription company. Ipsy is a monthly make up subscription service that sends you a cute little make up bag with 4-5 of some of the newest beauty products on the market. The description says "sample size" products but as far as I could tell from my first bag, the only sample size was the face mask.

What's great about this particular subscription service is that it only costs $10 a month and that includes shipping. For $10 you get at least $50 worth of products. You just sign up and fill out your personal quiz that will help determine which of their monthly products to send you. These questions range from your style preference to your hair, eye and skin color and what brand name products you are interested in trying.

My first bag came in February. I was and continue to be really happy with these products.



 Why did I sign up for ipsy? I became a bit of a feminist in my 20's and while I hadn't completely thrown out makeup, I rejected the idea that looking good would make me feel good. How stupid is that? And yet, for some reason it's true. Beauty can be captivating and when you want for some one to listen to what you have to say, starting your day with a fresh, rested and kind face staring back at you in the mirror can make you feel more open to sharing and communicating with others and can often times really help others to open up to you.

I recently turned 30 and I can see the years of worry and anxiety on my face. In addition to turning 30 I am currently 7 months pregnant and a Mom to a 4.5 year old and so no matter how much sleep I get, I feel tired. On top of that, my husband continues to look more handsome and rugged with each year and when I stand next to him I feel haggard. I knew I needed to do something fun and nice for myself so when I learned what ipsy was, the cost, the element of mystery and the excitement of getting a package in the mail every month was just what I needed to find a passion for makeup that I haven't had since I was 13. 

If you are interested in signing up for ipsy please follow my referral link: http://www.ipsy.com/r/6nf7

You may or may not be put on a waiting list but no worries! Just share the link that ipsy will provide you after you sign up, on Facebook, and you should get off the waiting list immediately. Share your referral link with your friends and family or followers on twitter, blog, etc., and you get ipsy points that you can turn in for free products.

March's bag should be here in the next week or two and I'm so excited. I will admit, I peeked at what's in my bag. I have a love/hate relationship with surprises so when I had the opportunity to peek inside my bag before it got here I took it.

* In case you are worried about surprise charges, I've only been charged for 2 months so far but it's exactly what their company promised. A once a month charge of $10. If you find yourself stuck on the waiting list you don't have to worry, your account will not be charged until you are off the waiting list.

That's it for this Tuesday. Next Tuesday I'll be talking about my new love for gel nail polish using UV/LED lights, some reviews on polishes and I'll share tips for getting the most professional looking results.






No comments:

Post a Comment